none
Hide a Rectangle in SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I want to hide the Recatangle on SSRS ( i know this can be done with the visibility property but wasn't sure on how to achieve that in my case)

Ex: table1 , table2, table3 are the tables i have and there is an page which displays the names of these tables, so when there is no data i want to hide the index page which displays the names of these tables

index:

table1, table2, table3

i should not get the index page if there are no tables. Thanks (hope someone should ran into such case by now) your help is really appreciated!!

Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:44 PM

Answers

• Sounds like a fun one - seems like we're always trying to make SSRS behave more like a windows forms app then a report....

Anyways, I'm not sure what version of SSRS you are using, I'm on SSRS 2008 R2 and this worked for me.

Sample 1: (Each table is based on it's own dataset, and there aren't any table filters).  On your Rectangle Hidden property do an Expression like this 

=CountRows("DataSet1") = 0 ANDALSO CountRows("DataSet2") = 0 ANDALSO CountRows("DataSet3") = 0 <br/>

Sample2: (Each table has a filter, so the number of rows in the dataset and in the table don't match up).  On each table put a texbox in the header - and hide the text box, and give it a meaningful name like txtTable1Rows, txtTable2Rows etc... - and in each respective text box do a formula like

=CountRows()          Or to be more precise, but you would have to change it in each table....   =CountRows("Tablix1")

Then in the Rectangle Hidden property do an expression like this

=ReportItems!txtTable1Rows.Value = 0 ANDALSO ReportItems!txtTable2Rows.Value = 0 ANDALSO ReportItems!txtTable3Rows.Value = 0

Hope that helps.

-Matt

• Proposed as answer by Rajkumar Yelugu Friday, January 20, 2012 8:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by naveej Friday, January 20, 2012 4:08 PM
    Friday, January 20, 2012 12:41 AM