none
Move SQL Server Reporting Service from one server to another server RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I moved SQL Server Reporting Service from SQL 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2016. I can browse reporting from any computer when I use the URL http://hostname/Reports (it needs my credential login if I use local computer logon not domain login). I can load any report one by one and shows current but my Reporting service has several reports. My questions:

1. How can I make these reports to display continuously (after one report display a few minutes, let say 5 minutes, and then automatically change to another report? There is a "15 mi Unattended Run" Name in the  Schedules, but I did not see any change after 15 minutes.

2. Is it possible to not ask credential logon when I use local computer logon and where to set up these?

I have no knowledge on SQL Service Reporting  Service. Thank you for help.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi 98108

According to your description :

For question 1 : seems current ssrs do not support such feature , if possible you could try to use the script or the chrome extension to control the time-based report jump.

For question 2 : you could try to add the correspond url in the trusted site .see: SQL Server 2014 SSRS Login Prompt won't go away

Or use the remember password feature of browser.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:56 AM
  • Eric,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the old server folder

there is a folder under C:\inetpub\wwwroot\UserReports. Under this folder, all the SQL Server Reporting Service Reports is there. But created using ASP.NET. I guess somehow the creator made these website to link the SQL Server Reporting Service. I browsed the web using the URL: http://HostName/UserReports/xxxx.aspx and then the reports were displayed and automatically updated all reports every 30 seconds (one report stays 30 seconds and then displays next report for another 30 seconds and so on as a cycle. I guess it was using .ASP pages to automatically update the SQL Server Reporting Service Reports. Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Mitarai Queen Friday, July 19, 2019 5:43 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:36 PM
  • Hi 98108

For how to embedded the ssrs report and the asp web page , you could see:

Integrating Reporting Services into Applications

Integrating Reporting Services Using the Report Viewer Controls - Get Started

Seems you have solved your issue , if possible you could mark your solution or the appreciated reply as answer , so that other members in this forum would get benefited from it .

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Friday, July 19, 2019 5:47 AM
  • Eric,

I have not solved the issue yet. I will mark the solution as well as my comments after all issue is solved. Thank you for your help.

Friday, July 19, 2019 3:32 PM
  • Hi 98108

Hoping for your reply.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Monday, July 22, 2019 2:18 AM