none
Multiple reports/datasets into Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have produced 8 reports from 8 different datasets. These all come from one master datasource.

The reports are a combination of tablix, matrix and charts. All these reports are different to one another and i do not have two tablix, etc on one report.

What i want is an excel report with 5 tabs. The first tab should have 4 of the reports in it- these reports entail 3 line graphs and 1 pie chart.

The next 4 reports are matrix tables and i want them to be displayed on 4 separate tabs. So from the 8 reports, I have produced 5 tabs.

Any ideas how i can do this on SSRS visual studio?

Eventually i will set up this one massive report as a subscription to be sent out to various clients.

My knowledge is limited as I am new to ssrs, so step by step processes would be greatly appreciated. 

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 12:57 PM

Answers

• Hi taz 91,

According to your description, it seems that you want to show these 8 report in the same Excel, right? If I have something misunderstood, please correct me.

You could try to add subreports and report in the same rectangle which you want to show in the same sheet. then set page break after the rectangle(red line is page break location)

Then you also could set Page Name to what you like

You will get the result like below

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by taz 91 Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:54 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:25 AM
  • You can use subreports for these purpose

Inside your main report add tablix with 2 rows 2 columns.

Then place subreports within each to call your first 4 reports

then place the tablix inside rectangle and set page break after option for the rectangle

Then have 4 other rectangles with subreports with page break property set and call matrix reports within them

Make sure you set PageName property for each rectangle based on how you want to name the tabs

Now when you run report you should the reports in the way you want.

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:16 PM

All replies

• You can use subreports for these purpose

Inside your main report add tablix with 2 rows 2 columns.

Then place subreports within each to call your first 4 reports

then place the tablix inside rectangle and set page break after option for the rectangle

Then have 4 other rectangles with subreports with page break property set and call matrix reports within them

Make sure you set PageName property for each rectangle based on how you want to name the tabs

Now when you run report you should the reports in the way you want.

Visakh
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:16 PM
  • Hi taz 91,

According to your description, it seems that you want to show these 8 report in the same Excel, right? If I have something misunderstood, please correct me.

You could try to add subreports and report in the same rectangle which you want to show in the same sheet. then set page break after the rectangle(red line is page break location)

Then you also could set Page Name to what you like

You will get the result like below

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:25 AM
  • This is amazing thank you both very much :)
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:54 AM
  • @Zoe Zhi, the use of screenshots in your explanation is extremely useful, thank you so much :)
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:56 AM
  • Hi taz 91,

You are welcome! I am glad to hear that you solved your issue.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:01 AM
  • Sorry all,

Can I get a bit more advice on how to name the tabs? I am struggling on this

thanks

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 11:43 AM
  • Sorry all,

Can I get a bit more advice on how to name the tabs? I am struggling on this

thanks

Yes

You can use PageName property for that

This is available for both Rectangle and Tablix containers

You can set a static value for this or set an expression based on dataset column name

Then based on value it has tabs will get named accordingly

You need to set this property for all containers/groups based on which you're inserting the page breaks to break into tabs

Also see

https://www.interfacett.com/blogs/name-worksheets-exporting-ssrs-reports-excel/

Visakh
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 11:48 AM
  • Thank you Visakh :)
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 1:59 PM