none
TNS error - Unable to establish connection with oracle using SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to establish the connection with ORACLE 11 g Database in SQL SERVER 2008 R2 64 bit Machine using the OLEDB Provider . But getting the TNS Listener issue.

Note : I have included the Database configurations in TNS entry, also we pinged the database it works fine.

Please find below the screenshot for the same,

Thanks

Rajan.S

• Edited by pyarajan Friday, April 19, 2013 7:44 AM change
    Friday, April 19, 2013 7:43 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to establish the connection with ORACLE 11 g Database in SQL SERVER 2008 R2 64 bit Machine using the OLEDB Provider . But getting the TNS Listener issue.

Note : I have included the Database configurations in TNS entry, also we pinged the database it works fine.

Thanks

Rajan.S

I think what you mean is that you pinged it via which tool? TOAD you meant or something else?

check for the drivers you want to use, i see you are using Microsft providers for connection , you have to be carefull as they come only in 32 bit mode and not 64 bit.

For oracle i would have thought best idea is to use Oracle provided drivers

Abhinav
    http://bishtabhinav.wordpress.com/

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Friday, April 26, 2013 2:35 AM
    Friday, April 19, 2013 7:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Travassos,

I tried the same but still facing the same issue.

Thanks

Rajan.S

Friday, April 19, 2013 8:47 AM
  • Hi Pyarajan,

We resolved this issue added tnsnames.ora file in oracle client installation in local  folder and check below folder and file details

D:\app\cmk\product\11.2.0\client_2\NETWORK\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora

tnsnames.ora

TEEAS2 =
      (DESCRIPTION =
        (ADDRESS_LIST =
          (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = servername)(PORT = 1521))
        )
        (CONNECT_DATA =
          (SID = TEEAS2)
          (SERVER = DEDICATED)
        )

After that  its connected to oracle server sucessfully in ssis package

Thanks

CMK...

Friday, April 19, 2013 7:44 PM
  • Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Rajan.S

I think what you mean is that you pinged it via which tool? TOAD you meant or something else?

check for the drivers you want to use, i see you are using Microsft providers for connection , you have to be carefull as they come only in 32 bit mode and not 64 bit.

For oracle i would have thought best idea is to use Oracle provided drivers

Abhinav
    http://bishtabhinav.wordpress.com/

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Friday, April 26, 2013 2:35 AM
    Friday, April 19, 2013 7:59 PM
  • Did you ping it with tnsping? 

as Abhinav pointed out, you should install the oracle drivers in the server and use those drivers.

In the past, i have also found that, if abc\xyz doesn't work, then try changing the back slash '\' with a forward slash '/' and attempt to connect again.

Monday, April 22, 2013 1:29 PM