none
The row was not found error in transactional replication. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi</g> All,

    Replication got failed due to "the row was not found" error in transnational replication.

    We have found the row and inserted the same in the subscriber.

    However, we are still observing the same error for same Transaction sequence number and command ID.

    Does it require any action to start the synchronization like restart distribution, log reader agent etc other than the reinitializing option?

    Kindly advise.


    • Edited by mito access Sunday, October 1, 2017 5:17 PM
    Sunday, October 1, 2017 5:15 PM

All replies

  • Hi mito access,

    Please correct me if I’m wrong:

    >>We have found the row and inserted the same in the subscriber.
    >>However, we are still observing the same error for same Transaction sequence number and command ID.

    Judging by this KB article, this does not grantee the distribution agent to move forward after you manually inserted the missing row. At this moment, you have two options:
    1. Enable skiperrors parameter(or use continue on data consistency error profile as described in this thread) and try again, so you can resolve the data consistency issue later.
    2. Reinitialize the subscriber.

    Also, please make sure your SQL Server instance is up-to-date as the issue might be fixed already. If the problem occurs repeatedly, please consider open a case with Microsoft support for more dedicated support.

    If you have any other questions, please let me know.

    Regards,
    Lin

    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Monday, October 2, 2017 5:48 AM
    Moderator
  • This can be caused by triggers and cascadeing deletes not marked as not for replication.  You might also have user processes on the subscriber which is deleting rows there causing this problem.
    Monday, October 2, 2017 1:37 PM
    Moderator