none
How to Summarize a Column in Report Builder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have group my dataset by Code (last 3 digit of account) and description but I need to have everything summarize in one line 

I need as result the last line of this group, I dont need the detail, Ihave all 131 account group together.

Friday, August 16, 2019 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Ysabel,

From you post, I'm not exactly sure about what you are trying.  I assumed, you want to show the sum for every group, but not the detail from each group, right?

If so, we could still design a table like yours but in detail group, we add group on the specific group you want to add.

See my test, (in my test I used count for each group, it is same for using sum expression)

If this is not what you mean, you could share more detail about your design and report that you want, we could discussion what could be done.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 19, 2019 5:58 AM
  • Hello 

Thank you it works but I have an Issue when I tried to add summary for the total, I need a total by Group.  

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:46 PM
  • Hi Ysabel,

Sorry your description is quite ambiguous, what issue or error are you getting? What kind of group are you refer to?

Could you share us your designed table in SSRS and give us some hint what kind of total are you trying to get?

Did you mean you only need one row that shows total for all data? If so,just add a table and delete the detail group, than write sum expression with specific scope.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 2:10 AM
  • I am trying to get a total By Group A1, and A2 as you can see the last 3 digit are grouped already but When I add the total in the detail grouping by A1, A2 the totals are not coming
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:18 AM
  • Hi Ysabel,

I think I got your point. So, basically, you want get total for A1 and A2 for its group, right?

You could :

1. right click last column in table and choose insert row- outside group below

2. In the added row, type in expression as 

=Sum(fields!yourfield.value, "GroupName")

You could find the group name of corresponded group, in its group property.

Regards,

Lukas

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:03 AM