Connect with Outlook grayed out on Custom List Calendar View RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom list that I've made a calendar view for, but the option to connect with outlook is grayed out.  Is this because it is a custom list and not a vanilla calendar list?  I'd like to take advantage of this feature, but I also need a few more fields in my list.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:15 PM

Answers

• Apart from document libraries (offline) and external lists, lists that connect to Outlook appointments, tasks, contacts or posts. External lists will map to outlook fields if ECT is based on one of these.
    AK
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:04 PM

All replies

• Apart from document libraries (offline) and external lists, lists that connect to Outlook appointments, tasks, contacts or posts. External lists will map to outlook fields if ECT is based on one of these.
    AK
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:04 PM
  • So a custom list should map into outlook if all the required fields are present?
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:11 PM
  • No, I don't think you can foo it that way :-)
    Lists have internal IDs (list types) recognized by the system. You may be able to fool it the other way - ex. create a contacts list and add your custom fields.
    AK
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:04 PM
  • Ok, I'll try to see if this will work.  It isn't ideal, as I was creating the list programmatically, but if it's the only way to export to outlook OOTB, then I guess it's worth it.  There's no way that I could spoof the list ID from an internal list into my existing list?
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:19 PM
  • Server template values: http://sharepointbuild.blogspot.com/2010/06/sharepoint-servertemplate-values.html
    AK
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:29 PM
  • So, can i change the value on an existing list? or would the list need to be recreated?
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:34 PM
  • No, it should be recreated.
    AK

Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:57 PM
  • Ok, thank you for your assistance.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:28 PM