none
Turn off rdlc template validation on build RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I've got VS 2013 with a project having RDLC templates.
    It takes huge time to build.

Some time ago I found that there is a config file where you can turn off some kind of template "validation" or "verification". 

RDLC doesn't need any compilation at all it is compiled as it runs so this additional validation for more than a minute is really nasty.

Where is this config file where I can customize reporting services project's build process?

Regards,

Alexander

Alexander Yaremchuk

Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Alexander,

As I checked through the RDLC project file, the app.config does not provide the function you want. Also from Understand build configurations, we could see that the opened configurations do not have the control of the building process. 

I assume that to jump over "validation" from build process, we need to crack deeper in the VS, that I am not professional with. Maybe you could try from the Visual Studio perspective see if any luck.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 2:37 AM