"Rich Text" field will be disabled inside the Quick Edit grid, while "Enhanced Rich Text" will be enabled RRS feed

• Question

• i am working on an Issue tracking list inside my SharePoint server 2013 team site collection. now i have a field named "Description" of type "Rich Text", but inside the Quick Edit grid the field will be disabled:-

but if i chnage it from "Rich Text" to be "Enhanced Rich Text" it will became enabled,,

but in my case i do not want users to be adding images to my field.. so can anyone advice how to  force a regular "Rich  Text" field to be enabled inside the Quick  Edit grid ?

Thanks

Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that rich text type multiple lines text field can't be edited in quick edit mode.

Per my knowledge, rich text field can't be edited in quick edit mode, this is by design.

Here is a detailed article for your reference:

Things to Know about SharePoint 2013 Quick Edit – Part 2

If you want to make rich text field editable in quick edit model, I suggest you can submit feedback for this requirement.

Customer Feedback for SharePoint Server

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 24, 2015 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, you can submit your idea like this.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 27, 2015 1:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that rich text type multiple lines text field can't be edited in quick edit mode.

Per my knowledge, rich text field can't be edited in quick edit mode, this is by design.

If you want to make rich text field editable in quick edit model, I suggest you can submit feedback for this requirement.

Thanks

Best Regards

Friday, July 24, 2015 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks

Best Regards

i am not sure how i can submit a feedback to the this site ? should i submit an Idea , as follow:-

Friday, July 24, 2015 11:33 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, you can submit your idea like this.

Thanks

Best Regards

Monday, July 27, 2015 1:46 AM