none
ReportServer 2008 Data Source Authentication Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I had a functioning report server 2008 on win 7.   After cloning it and renaming it, I reconfigured the location of sql server instance, etc.  The services come up.  I am able to access all the folders, etc...  When attempting to open a report, I get the following error.  Looking at ReportServer db catalog, I get this for data source 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>  <DataSourceDefinition xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2006/03/reportdatasource">    <Extension>SQL</Extension>   
     <ConnectString>server=.;database=DBLApp1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Application Name=DBLServerApp</ConnectString>    <CredentialRetrieval>Store</CredentialRetrieval>    
    <WindowsCredentials>True</WindowsCredentials>    <ImpersonateUser>False</ImpersonateUser>    <Enabled>True</Enabled>  </DataSourceDefinition>

I am able to connect to this database.  I am not sure why I am getting the error, below.

• An error has occurred during report processing.
      • Cannot impersonate user for data source 'DataSourceMain'.
        • Log on failed. Ensure the user name and password are correct.
          • Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password  

Friday, July 13, 2018 1:05 AM

Answers

• found the problem.  Had to change the credentials in data source definition.
    • Marked as answer by rgelfand Friday, July 13, 2018 2:42 AM
    Friday, July 13, 2018 2:42 AM