none
SSRS subscription with local time zone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have the SSRS report and the subscription runs daily @ 1 am US = 2 PM China and 7PM China = 8 am US.

I have the problem with the subscription runs @ 7PM because the today's order show the current day here, but next day there.

I am thinking creating the another rdl file to get the reportdate = getdate() +1, but I don't want to do this way.  I would like to know if any other way to set up from the subscription to let the report runs one date a head from here?

Thanks

Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Vicki2017,

It is the best to use UTC time with the time zone for any international business.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:51 PM
  • Hi Vicki,

As I understand, you have one server and one report, there is date shows directly in your report design. Right?

The first choice would be configure all your servers to run on UTC timezone (Universal Time Zone, formerly known as Greenwich Mean Time). This is also good for future setting as if the business goes beyond two countries.

Other things is, you could add parameter for the date in the report design. Set Reportdate= @DatePara. Then you could either set a linked report with default parameter @DatePara+1, use this linked report for US preview or subscription. Or you could set data-driven subscription to send report to different user with different date parameter.

I've add tutorial link above, you could check if interested. 

One similar thread you could refer Time Zone & Subscriptions

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 16, 2019 2:39 AM