none
New version still missing things RRS feed

  • Question

  • I get this when I build a project does not matter if I switch sql versions


    Okay it deploys to sql 2012 no problem but sql 2014 blocks with this message
    • Edited by Dave Ka Monday, April 7, 2014 11:30 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 11:18 PM

Answers

  • If you have both SSDT-BI and SSDT installed here's what I'd recommend.  It's true that SSDT-BI might be affected, but in my brief testing I didn't find any problems.  As we work this out with the SSDT-BI team this thread will be updated.  Also, if anyone finds any problems with SSDT-BI after this fix please let us know.

    1. In ARP uninstall the following components
      1. Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Management Objects version 12.0.2299.1
      2. Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Management Objects (x64) version 12.0.2299.1
      3. Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Transact-SQL ScriptDom version 12.0.2299.1
    2. In ARP select Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools 2013, right click to select Change and hit Repair.
    • Marked as answer by Dave Ka Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:57 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:27 PM

All replies

  • This looks like an installation problem. Do you have the "Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Transact-SQL ScriptDom" MSI installed in "Programs and Features"? If so what version is shown? Here is the example from my machine:

    Some further questions:

    - Do you have anything else installed on your machine? E.g. Did you install SQL Server 2014, SSMS for SQL Server 2014 or SSDT-BI for SQL Server 2014 on your machine? This would help us track down if it's an issue with incorrect binaries being installed by any of the SQL products

    - Does uninstalling this DLL and reinstalling SSDT fix the issue?

    Thanks,

    Kevin


    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:00 AM
    Moderator
  • I have same problem.  I have SSDT-BI installed.

    Here's how the SQL ScriptDom installed version looks like.

    What is this DLL used for?  Not sure what would break if it is uninstalled.

    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:42 AM
  • Yes I have SSDT-BI installed as well. It is a higher version dll
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 2:19 AM
  • it is definitely the bi tools I uninstalled everything and reinstalled without bi and it is now working
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 2:43 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem but do not have the luxury of uninstalling SSDT BI for 2013. 
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:39 PM
  • SSDT-BI is shipping a higher version of SQLDOM than SQL14 RTM which is missing this property.  We're working with the SSDT-BI team to figure this out.  I haven't tried this yet, but I think if you install SSDT-BI, then uninstall the SQLDOM, then install SSDT you'll end up with SQLDOM version 2000.8 which is what you need.  We'll keep this forum updated as we learn more.  BTW - if anyone tries the recipe above post back the results. I'm trying a clean machine now, but it'll be a while.
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 3:40 PM
  • psirr-MSFT, your suggestion to uninstall SQLDOM that is higher version has potential to break SSDT-BI.  I personally would not try it unless the SSDT-BI team recommends it.
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 4:31 PM
  • If you have both SSDT-BI and SSDT installed here's what I'd recommend.  It's true that SSDT-BI might be affected, but in my brief testing I didn't find any problems.  As we work this out with the SSDT-BI team this thread will be updated.  Also, if anyone finds any problems with SSDT-BI after this fix please let us know.

    1. In ARP uninstall the following components
      1. Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Management Objects version 12.0.2299.1
      2. Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Management Objects (x64) version 12.0.2299.1
      3. Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Transact-SQL ScriptDom version 12.0.2299.1
    2. In ARP select Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools 2013, right click to select Change and hit Repair.
    • Marked as answer by Dave Ka Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:57 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:27 PM
  • Kevin and Patrick, the uninstall and install process described above seems to have worked.  I made cursory check for SSRS and it appears to be working.  Thank you for suggesting the interim solution.  Awaiting final resolution from SSIS-BI team.
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:02 PM
  • Yes I confirm this as a work around.

    Thanks for the quick response.

    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:56 PM
  • Happy to say it is working for me as well. Thank you
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 10:23 PM