none
error occurred during printing (0x800C0008)

Question

• We are using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 and report viewer 2010 to display reports. Recently some of our client are reporting that they are getting an error "an error occurred during printing (0x800C0008). The report prints fine, but the error occurs each time. Not sure why the reports would print fine and still get this error???.
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:11 PM

All replies

•  

Following is a related link: http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/0x800c0005.htm

Let us know if helpful.

Kalman Toth, SQL Server & Business Intelligence Training; SQL Server 2008 Training
    Friday, December 10, 2010 1:39 AM
  • Hi Seeker,

Try to reset your IE to see if it helps. Go to Tools->Internet Options->Advanced tab->click Reset button to reset IE settings.

thanks,
    Jerry

• Proposed as answer by Balmark Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:58 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 6:41 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

We tried that but it did not work. could you be more specific as what flags we should be looking at. Lately, one of our customer reported that the error message started to pop up after they installed SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 R2. We have SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 in our server. could it be that now they have two versions of RSClientPrint.dll (Active X)?, if this is true does anybody know as how to fix this? But this is not true for other customers who are having the same issue.

thanks

Seeker12

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:26 PM
  • Seeker12 - did you figure out the issue - I am seeing the same issue in one of my environments.

Thanks, John

Friday, February 24, 2012 10:02 PM
  • Hi Seeker,

Try to reset your IE to see if it helps. Go to Tools->Internet Options->Advanced tab->click Reset button to reset IE settings.

thanks,
    Jerry

Just a quick thanks ;) .. I was having a similar issue, but exactly the same error code

Basically, SOME users could print others could not .. and all related to specific machines, not accounts (some affected users were domain and machine admins) .. for whatever reason, resetting their IE settings fixed the problem

Oh .. when I say 'could not print' .. they could print some reports as long as there was only one page in the report and it wasn't a full page of data (lead me to believe it was something to do with chunked downloading .. or folder permissions saving cached info) .. so a user would be able to print a report that had, let say, 10 rows in it .. but if it went to 25 rows it would fail to print and hang.. ( users couldn't preview these reports in the print control )

Anyhow, thanks Jerry ;)

and apologies for resurrecting this thread, but if it helps someone who was experiencing the same problem .. 

• Edited by Balmark Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:32 AM typos
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:31 AM