none
.NET Runtime error on SQL Server 2005 (RTM) RRS feed

• Question

•  

I upgraded my primary production server this morning to SQL 2005.  Everything went fairly smoothly, but a couple of hours after my installation was complete, I found the following error in my event log:

Source: .NET Runtime Optimization Service

EventID: 1101

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Failed to compile: Microsoft.ReportingServices.QueryDesigners, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91 . Error code = 0x80070002

I am a little stumped since we did not install Reporting Services.  We only installed Database Services, Integration Services and Workstation Components.  I'm open to any suggestions on this.  This does not seem to be negatively affecting our server, but I do want to resolve it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Kevin

Saturday, January 7, 2006 7:51 PM

All replies

• Same error in event logs on 2 different servers that SQL 2005 (RTM) was installed upon.

It's from the .NET Runtime Optimization process.

Suggestion includes uninstalling SQL 2005, .NET and repairing the Visual Studio installation (performed by SQL) and re-installing.  However, this issue is intrinsic to the setup process performed by Microsoft's .NET and SQL software.  It will only happen again.

Still looking for a clean-cut answer to the origin of this and if a solution needs to be implemented.  Since this was a one-time attempt at compiling the Microsoft.ReportingServices.QueryDesigners DLL (where Reporting Services wasn't evoked in the SQL 2005 setup) and based on what I've read on other forums, it's currently nothing to worry about.

Still, I'd like an answer too.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:26 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I had seen that suggestion in another forum to uninstall/repair/reinstall, but that is not really an option on this particular server.  That would be a major risk to our production environment.  Not to mention, it is sort of like cutting off a hand to remove a splinter from a finger.
    Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:44 AM
  • I have the same thing on a dev machine and reinstalling didn't help. Eventually even reinstalled the OS (W2K3) and got the same results.
    Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:14 PM
  •  

I'm installing W2003 Sp1 server from the scratch (intended for TFS beta3 refresh ATDT) with order:

1. W2003 Sp1 server (application server in Workgroup)

2. Updates

3. IIS...(ASP.NET, no FrontPage Extensions )

4. SQL server...full install

5. stsv2.exe (Share Point services 2.0, Sp2)

At this point I looked at Event log and found the error.

V.

Friday, January 20, 2006 10:48 AM
  • I installed from scratch windows 2003 R2 and SQL Server 2005 and I get this error.
    Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:45 AM
  • I recently had the same problem. I was able to fix this by uninstalling .net 2.0 and rebooting the server. Then I reapplied the .net 2.0 and rebooted the server again and the message went away.
    Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:56 PM
  •  

It seems that the .Net runtime optimization service is not able to locate the Native image of this assembly. You can check if the Native image exist as follows: (using Ngen display "path to assembly")

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies>Ngen di
    splay "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\
    Microsoft.ReportingServices.QueryDesigners.dll"
    Microsoft (R) CLR Native Image Generator - Version 2.0.50727.832
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2002. All rights reserved.

NGEN Roots:

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Microso
    ft.ReportingServices.QueryDesigners.dll (StatusPending) (Pri 3)

Native Images:

Microsoft.ReportingServices.QueryDesigners, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91

Ngen.exe should be useful in uninstal/instal/update of this native image.

refer: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6t9t5wcf(VS.80).aspx

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 12:57 PM