none
Installing SQL Server 2012 on Windows Server 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was trying to install SQL Server 2012 Enterprise on Windows Server 8 Consumer Preview. I understand the fact that SQL Server cannot be installed in top a Debug Version of OS. Howerver I was looking for a work around, also if somebody was able to install it on Windows Server 8, please help me out here.

Thanks in advance

Juzar

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:47 AM

Answers

•  

Hello,

I have installed SQL Server 2012 RC0 on Windows Server 8 Beta. It works great. My only suggestion is before starting the installation of SQL Server 2012, please enable the feature .Net Framework 3.5 from the command line. After that start the installation of SQL Server 2012 and you will be able to finish it without any issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Friday, March 30, 2012 11:05 AM

All replies

•  

Hello,

I have installed SQL Server 2012 RC0 on Windows Server 8 Beta. It works great. My only suggestion is before starting the installation of SQL Server 2012, please enable the feature .Net Framework 3.5 from the command line. After that start the installation of SQL Server 2012 and you will be able to finish it without any issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Friday, March 30, 2012 11:05 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Alberto,

I downloaded beta version of Windows Server 8, and now I can install SQL 2012 on it.

Juzar

Monday, April 9, 2012 5:59 AM