none
Problem with RowNumber Page Break

Question

• I've created a report to generate bills by account number

I have tablix1 which is group by account number (page back after between each group). This table has a footer which would be my bill stub. Inside the tablix (header) I added another table tablix2 that has the headers the will repeat on each page. The tablix2 is groups by a rownumber break after each group. My problem occurs on the page break for tablix2.

HEADER

Details (rownumber)

----Page break should occur here -----

HEADER

Details

Footer

Instead I get this:

HEADER

Details

HEADER

Details

--- Page Break ---

Footer

Anyone gave me a suggestion on how to get it to actually create the page break which would place the 2nd Header and Details on a second page instead of the first page.

Should I be doing this differently?

Also how can I get the row count for each page instead of each account number group?

I'm new at SQL Reports (currently using SQL 2008 R2)

Susan

Thursday, March 8, 2012 4:39 AM

Answers

• I solved my issue

Here's my solution:

I created a list(tablix) in which I grouped on account number (page breaking between each group) with a
    group footer (group name: AcctLevel)

Within the data region I placed a tablix which is grouped on an expression
    INT(Ceiling(RowNumber(“AcctLevel”)/12)) page breaking between each group (group name: BillDetails)

This will display 12 rows per page. This tablix has a group header which is repeated on everypage.

In the group footer of the list (AcctLevel), I have added 12 blank rows plus the rectangle that will hold the
    bill stub.

The row visibility property on these blank rows are set on an expression
    =Code.SetVisibility(CountRows(“AcctLevel”),[number of this row]) …1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8….

Code.SetVisibility is custom code I created on the report.

**** CUTOM CODE ******

Shared bHide as Boolean

Dim iNewLineNumber as Integer

Public Function SetVisibility(numoflines as integer, linenumber as integer) as Boolean

iNewLineNumber = numoflines mod 12

if iNewLineNumber >= linenumber then

bHide = true

else

bHide = false

end

return bHide

End Function

To have the page number(s) set within each group.  (ex:  a group has 3 pages then the Page Number would display Page 1 of 3, Page 2 of 3,Page 3 of 3)

The page number will reset to 1 on the next group. (ex: if next group has two pages then the Page Number would
    display Page 1 of 2, Page 2 of 2)

This is done by setting the PageBreak Property on the “AcctLevel” group. Page Break: between and
    ResetPageNumber: true and PageName = Fields!acct_num.Value

So now the group footer (Bill stub) is aligned to the bottom of last page of each group. And each group has page numbers

Susan

• Marked as answer by sbrazier Friday, March 9, 2012 1:38 PM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 1:37 PM