none
Copy Reports from server to another RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have SQL Server Reporting Services 2014 and new instance with SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services.
    Old and new work in native mode.

Can someone tell me how to migrate all reports from old server to new? I need to have reports 1:1

I tried do it by Reporting Service Migration Tool, but it works only to SharePoint mode
    ReportSync doesnt work too(or i dont know how to use it...)

I will be grateful for any help.
    Friday, May 18, 2018 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Open the Report Project in latest SSDT version, change target server version to 2017, build the project and deploy it to your new SSRS Server.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, May 18, 2018 7:24 AM
  • Hello,

Open the Report Project in latest SSDT version, change target server version to 2017, build the project and deploy it to your new SSRS Server.

Olaf Helper

It is not exist option to copy all of them at the same time? I have too many reports, to edit them one by one...
    Friday, May 18, 2018 7:38 AM
  • Hi Patrick7936,

It seems that you want to move the old instance to new instance, right? If so, you could try to move the reportserver database to new instance. You could refer to Migrating SQL Reporting Services to a new server by moving the Reporting Services databases 

In addition, you also could try to use powershell to achieve this goal. You could refer to this link for details.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 21, 2018 1:28 AM