none
Missing "Add" button for AAD tenant

Answers

• This happened because you are logged as an Administrator (Service Administrator or Co-Administrator) of that Azure AD tenant you have created with your Azure subscription. So once you are logged in with so called Organizational Account your "Use Exisiting Directory" option is missing. You need some account that is independent to (in other words: hasn't been created in) Azure Tenants. This account that can be used is any Microsoft Account (formely known as Windows Live ID). So to have "Use Exisitng Directory" option enabled, follow these steps:

1. Login as with your current Microsoft Azure Administrator
    2. On the left panel go to Settings, choose Administrators
    3. Click Add and type your Microsoft Account email address and Assign your Azure Subscription
    4. Logoff
    5. Login using provided Microsoft Account
    6. You may need to wait up to 2-3 minutes before Active Directory shows up - try to refresh the page after few seconds
    7. Once you can see Active Directory you can follow the procedure described below to integrate another Azure AD Directory
    - Go to the Active Directory, choose NEW+.
    - You will have automatically selected App Services, Active Directory. Choose Directory, Custom Create.
    - Now you should be able to select Use Existing Directory.

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

• Proposed as answer by Andrzej Kazmierczak Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by nzpcmad1 Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:53 PM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hi nzpcmad1,

I have recently described scenario you are looking for - how to integrate (add) your current O365 subscription to your Azure subscription. Please refer to section "Scenario B: I already have both Office 365 and Microsoft Azure but they are separated" of article http://kazmierczak.eu/itblog/2014/08/21/azure-rms-templates-2-subscription-scenarios/

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:38 AM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid the 'ADD' button is not present. However, to associate your office 365 account with your Windows Azure Active Directory account, you could follow the steps below:

1. Choose the Active Directory node, then choose the Directory tab and, at the bottom of the screen, choose NEW+.
    2. Select App Services > Active Directory > Directory > Custom Create.
    3. Select Use Existing Directory.
    4. When you click on the ‘Tick’ you will be signed out of Windows Azure Subscription and presented with the Microsoft Portal Login Page. At this point you need to type in your Office 365 Global Administrator Credentials Example: HYPERLINK "mailto:admin@tenant.onmicrosoft.com"admin@tenant.onmicrosoft.com.

You could follow the  article from this point onwards.

Regards,
    Malar.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:52 AM
  • On the "Custom Create" screen, I have:

Name / Domain Name / Country or Region.

There is NO "Use Existing Directory" option?

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:42 PM
  • This happened because you are logged as an Administrator (Service Administrator or Co-Administrator) of that Azure AD tenant you have created with your Azure subscription. So once you are logged in with so called Organizational Account your "Use Exisiting Directory" option is missing. You need some account that is independent to (in other words: hasn't been created in) Azure Tenants. This account that can be used is any Microsoft Account (formely known as Windows Live ID). So to have "Use Exisitng Directory" option enabled, follow these steps:

1. Login as with your current Microsoft Azure Administrator
    2. On the left panel go to Settings, choose Administrators
    3. Click Add and type your Microsoft Account email address and Assign your Azure Subscription
    4. Logoff
    5. Login using provided Microsoft Account
    6. You may need to wait up to 2-3 minutes before Active Directory shows up - try to refresh the page after few seconds
    7. Once you can see Active Directory you can follow the procedure described below to integrate another Azure AD Directory
    - Go to the Active Directory, choose NEW+.
    - You will have automatically selected App Services, Active Directory. Choose Directory, Custom Create.
    - Now you should be able to select Use Existing Directory.

• Proposed as answer by Andrzej Kazmierczak Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by nzpcmad1 Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:53 PM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:00 PM