none
Error 922 Publication SQL 2017 to Subscripter Oracle RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm in migration of SQLServer from 2008 edition to SQL2017,

On 2008 version, i'm use replication SQLserver, from Publisher SQLsever to Oracle Database (12c version),

All seems right, Snapshot is good, the data transfert start, i have few rows in oracle Database and this error message appears 

2019-07-30 16:44:53.579 Bulk copying data into table 'VILignes'

2019-07-30 16:44:53.581 Agent message code 922. ORA-00922: missing or invalid option

2019-07-30 16:44:53.586 Category:NULL

Source:  OraOLEDB

Number:  922

For create the replication, i use generate script on 2008 Server, and i have this message :

Cannot generate a filter view or procedure. Verify that the value specified for the @filter_clause parameter of sp_addarticle can be added to the WHERE clause of a SELECT statement to produce a valid query.

Have you had also this error ? that is the issue, how to correct it ?

BR

Nicolas

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Nicolas,

>>2019-07-30 16:44:53.581 Agent message code 922. ORA-00922: missing or invalid option

This is the error of oracle. There are many reasons for this error:

The valid option in specifying a column is NOT NULL to specify that the column cannot contain any NULL values. Only constraints may follow the datatype. Specifying a maximum length on a DATE or LONG datatype also causes this error. For more details, please refer to https://www.tekstream.com/oracle-error-messages/ora-00922-error-message/

>>Cannot generate a filter view or procedure. Verify that the value specified for the @filter_clause parameter of sp_addarticle can be added to the WHERE clause of a SELECT statement to produce a valid query.

Is this an error when you add an article? If you don't have any filters you can specify @filter_caluse. Or  you can

set @type parameter to 'logbased manualview' (for manually created view) or to 'logbased manualboth' (for manually created view and filter procedure) in the script. For more details, please refer to https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/4e5bdf84-4228-485b-bdcb-b602d0dc9de3/spaddarticle-procedure-filterclause-problem?forum=sqlreplication

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 2:36 AM
  • HI Dedmon,

Thks for your answer, 

I doesn't NULL value in views of the seven article, but in the view is in state unvalid  objet, but the select into works,

it's the only view where i have column of datatype DATETIME, in SQLserver 2008, the objet is valid, it's perhasp my issue ?

BR,

Nicolas

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 1:14 PM
  • hello,

How can i see the statement witch create the issue ?

BR

Nicolas M

Sunday, August 4, 2019 2:33 PM