none
SQL 2008 R2 Installation - Error Code 2337 RRS feed

All replies

• Hello,

What virtualization software you are using? What is the operating system of the physical machine?

Thank you in advance..

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Friday, January 6, 2012 8:05 PM
  • Host machine: Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64-bit

Vitural software: VMWare Version 7.0.1 build-227600

Virtual OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Service Pack 1, 64-bit

Friday, January 6, 2012 8:15 PM
  • Hello,

I am sure it will work with the following virtualization software:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

You will be surprised with integration between the physical machine and virtual machine. I use it with my students at two universities.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Friday, January 6, 2012 8:21 PM
  • I get same error with Microsoft Virtual PC (Host Windows 7 Ultimate x64, client Windows 7 Enterprise x86)

Paul

Saturday, January 14, 2012 10:48 AM
  • Hi Again,

Think one of your original suggestions should work... but you may havce missed a step...

My solution: -

Copied all the DVD contents to the local C: drive on the virtual system, into a temp folder...

Uninstalled all components that installed OK... Rebooted... then went through the SQL directories created by installer deleting all the files created but not removed in program files folders... Rebooted...

Then run install from temp folder... worked ok :-)

Paul

Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:56 PM
  • Error message 2337 translates to 

"There are no shared communication devices."

So maybe that gives you an idea. Also, please post the contents of the C:\Program files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\setup bootstrap\log\Summary.txt file here for starters.

HarshDeep Singh
    Support Engineer, Microsoft Developer Support
    MCTS, MCITP: DBA (SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008)
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:27 PM
  • Hi Again,

Think one of your original suggestions should work... but you may havce missed a step...

My solution: -

Copied all the DVD contents to the local C: drive on the virtual system, into a temp folder...

Uninstalled all components that installed OK... Rebooted... then went through the SQL directories created by installer deleting all the files created but not removed in program files folders... Rebooted...

Then run install from temp folder... worked ok :-)

Paul

Hi Paul,

When you say copy all the DVD contents, how is that different than extracting the ISO with WinZip or WinRAR?

Which files are created by the installer that need to be deleted? Or should I just assume date is the definitive way to separate them?

Doug

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:28 PM