none
Job run icon RRS feed

Answers

• Run status is 4 and it has two entries for the step. SSMS version  17.x

Mahesh

Yep, run_status 4 = currently running. 

I assume you mean 2 entries for the single step. If so, you must be having the option "Include step output in history" checked under step advanced properties.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" if my response answered your question or click "Vote as helpful" if it helped you in any way.

• Marked as answer by Mahesh Dasari Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:47 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Mahesh Dasari,

Sorry, I don't encounter this icon in job histories, but you can check the dbo.sysjobhistory (Transact-SQL)

search the specific job at specific time in the table and find corresponding  run_status code.

Status of the job execution:

0 = Failed

1 = Succeeded

2 = Retry

3 = Canceled

4 = In Progress

Check if this helps.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Pirlo Zhang Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:09 AM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:09 AM
  • Any idea what this icon mean in job run history?

Mahesh

I dont see it either. which is your SSDT version?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:14 AM
  • That is a job currently in progress. You seem to be using the latest SSMS version. They replaced the old green circle-wedge icon indicating the "currently running" job in the old SSMS versions to this new icon in the latest version. 

Also, this icon shows up in job steps if you have "Include step output in history" checked under advanced properties of the job step.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" if my response answered your question or click "Vote as helpful" if it helped you in any way.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:28 AM
  • Mahesh what version of SSMS are you using ?

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:52 AM

Mahesh

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:14 AM

Mahesh

I assume you mean 2 entries for the single step. If so, you must be having the option "Include step output in history" checked under step advanced properties.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Mahesh Dasari Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:47 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:23 AM
  •  

Hope this helps.

How come Microsoft didn't find better icon than that? And it was not documented here (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/sql/sql-server-2012/ms174997(v=sql.110))

Actually, the job step was completed. So I see it makes two entries 1st: for the "step output in history" with status as: in progress; 2nd: Immediately after it to mark as completed.

Thanks everyone!

Mahesh

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:46 PM