none
unable to install the sql server 2005 client component RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
         In my machine having .net 2005 and 2008.Sql server 2005 server is installed successfully.While install the cd2 i am selected client component and workcomponent and help db.But it's saying this product already installed in ur machine. i am unable to install the client tool help me all helps are appreciated .

thanks
    woodson.
    Monday, January 25, 2010 6:55 PM

Answers

• Well if it is installed, it is installed. Do nothing, unless something is broken.

Can you run SSMS?

Kalman Toth SQL SERVER 2012 & BI TRAINING
    New Book: Beginner Database Design & SQL Programming Using Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Monday, January 25, 2010 7:35 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi

SSMS.exe is the SQL server management studio tool which helps you to connect to any of the SQL server instances installed locally or remorely.

This tool helps in configuring, administering and maintaining SQL server instances same as Enterprise manager in SQL 2000.

Thanks, Leks
    Monday, January 25, 2010 9:43 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I think you have install SQL Server 2005 client components successfully which includes:
    ------------------------------------
     Client Components*                     Client_Components
         Connectivity Components           Connectivity
         Management Tools                   SQL_Tools90
         Business Intelligence Development Studio   SQL_WarehouseDevWorkbench
         Software Development Kit           SDK
         SQLXML Client Features             SQLXML
         Legacy Components                 Tools_Legacy
     Documentation and Samples*                         SQL_Documentation
         SQL Server Books Online                           SQL_BooksOnline
         Sample Databases                                   SQL_DatabaseSamples
           AdventureWorks Sample OLTP                          SQL_AdventureWorksSamples
           AdventureWorksDW Sample Data Warehouse             SQL_AdventureWorksDWSamples
               AdventureWorks Sample OLAP                          SQL_AdventureWorksASSamples
         Sample Code and Applications                       SQL_Samples  

If you can't find above components, you can add these components by running setup.exe and add new features/components to the existing instance of SQL Server 2005.

Chunsong Feng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 5:57 AM
  • If you have SSMS.exe running, at least part of client components have been installed successfully on your box
    Friday, January 29, 2010 6:14 AM

All replies

• Well if it is installed, it is installed. Do nothing, unless something is broken.

Can you run SSMS?

Kalman Toth SQL SERVER 2012 & BI TRAINING
    New Book: Beginner Database Design & SQL Programming Using Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Monday, January 25, 2010 7:35 PM
    Answerer
  • what is ssms.exe ?. it's running on my machine ..
    Monday, January 25, 2010 7:52 PM
  • Hi

SSMS.exe is the SQL server management studio tool which helps you to connect to any of the SQL server instances installed locally or remorely.

This tool helps in configuring, administering and maintaining SQL server instances same as Enterprise manager in SQL 2000.

Thanks, Leks
    Monday, January 25, 2010 9:43 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I think you have install SQL Server 2005 client components successfully which includes:
    ------------------------------------
     Client Components*                     Client_Components
         Connectivity Components           Connectivity
         Management Tools                   SQL_Tools90
         Business Intelligence Development Studio   SQL_WarehouseDevWorkbench
         Software Development Kit           SDK
         SQLXML Client Features             SQLXML
         Legacy Components                 Tools_Legacy
     Documentation and Samples*                         SQL_Documentation
         SQL Server Books Online                           SQL_BooksOnline
         Sample Databases                                   SQL_DatabaseSamples
           AdventureWorks Sample OLTP                          SQL_AdventureWorksSamples
           AdventureWorksDW Sample Data Warehouse             SQL_AdventureWorksDWSamples
               AdventureWorks Sample OLAP                          SQL_AdventureWorksASSamples
         Sample Code and Applications                       SQL_Samples  

If you can't find above components, you can add these components by running setup.exe and add new features/components to the existing instance of SQL Server 2005.

Chunsong Feng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 5:57 AM
  • If you have SSMS.exe running, at least part of client components have been installed successfully on your box
    Friday, January 29, 2010 6:14 AM