Custom List View created in SPD missing from View Menu in browser RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've customised a list view in SPD 2010 by adding a second XLV and setting up a QueryString parameter for the original XLV so that users click a link for their own Club on another page and they are taken to the customised view with the QueryString populated to filter the view. This all works fine, but for some reason the View is not appearing in the View menu for the List it belongs to. The view is listed in SPD under the appropriate List when viewed under All Files, but doesn't show in the Views section of the List's properties page in SPD either. The two other views and the standard new/display and edit forms all appear in the properties page, and the two other views appear as you would expect in the View drop down menu in the browser, but the customised one does not. 

It's not a big deal as I am taking them to the view via a link on another page as described above, but I would like to know why the view (which does have a default value for the parameter) does not show up in the standard List View drop down menu.

Ideas?

Mark

Mark

Monday, July 22, 2013 3:12 AM

Answers