none
SQL 2008 Install Configuration Checker Microsoft .Net Application Security

Question

• Hi,

i am trying to install sql server 2008 Enterprise Edition X86 on a windows cluster 2003 Enterprise Edition x86. At the Configuration Checker it says that "Microsoft .NET Application Security" is not applicable. I can however install everything.

What does this message mean please?

Thank you in advance.
    Xtrim
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:02 AM

Answers

• This checks verifies internet connectivity. The check does not run Windows 2003 because the APIs to verify internet connectivity are only available on Vista and higher. The reason for the check is it verify the internet connection because .NET always tries to connect to CRL.MICROSOFT.COM on startup to check signature validation. If the connection is not available it causes the management tools like SSMS to block for 45 seconds on startup every time.  Since you are on Windows 2003 the check was skipped and you can ignore the check.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:10 PM

All replies

• This checks verifies internet connectivity. The check does not run Windows 2003 because the APIs to verify internet connectivity are only available on Vista and higher. The reason for the check is it verify the internet connection because .NET always tries to connect to CRL.MICROSOFT.COM on startup to check signature validation. If the connection is not available it causes the management tools like SSMS to block for 45 seconds on startup every time.  Since you are on Windows 2003 the check was skipped and you can ignore the check.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:10 PM
  • Thank you very much.

Xtrim
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:34 PM
  • I face similar problem installing SQL 2008 R2 on Window 7 pro 64 bits. the installation did not get thru.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:34 PM