none
SQL EXPRESS - WEB ASSISTANT Sp's

Question

• I ve installed SQL EXPRESS ADV on fresh XP and I get this error when I try to run xp_makewebtask:

Msg 17750, Level 16, State 0, Procedure xp_makewebtask, Line 1

Could not load the DLL xpweb90.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 1114(error not found).

(1 row(s) affected)

I checked and xpweb90.dll is missing... but I do have the option to enable then...

They took them out? Or smthing is wrong on my pc? (2 installations same problem)

I also have a standard edition and developer edition wich are working fine.

I tried to copy the files but I get same error ///

Thks in advance for any help

Friday, July 7, 2006 7:13 PM

Answers

• This was a removal from Express only as far as I know. I'm not sure what you mean by "enable them" unless you mean enabling the extended stored procedures in general. In that case, the reason is that we did not remove all the extended stored procedures, just a subset that were not supported by Express functionality.

As far as I know (again) everything is supported in Standard.

Regards,

Mike Wachal
    SQL Express team

----
    Mark the best posts as Answers!

Monday, July 10, 2006 7:47 PM

All replies

• This has been removed from Express, there is nothing wrong with your computer.

According to this BOL topic, Extended Stored Procedures will be removed from a future version of SQL Server and they recomend using CLR for new deveopment.

Regards,

Mike Wachal
    SQL Express team

----

Saturday, July 8, 2006 2:12 AM
  • Thks for reply Mike,

I knew about removal, but like I said :

-I couldn t find an oficial post saying: "from this release on the Web Assistant sp's were removed" (which got me confused)

-if the SP's were removed why I m still able to enable them ?

-they are still available for standard edition but removed only from Express?

Thks again

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:01 PM
  • This was a removal from Express only as far as I know. I'm not sure what you mean by "enable them" unless you mean enabling the extended stored procedures in general. In that case, the reason is that we did not remove all the extended stored procedures, just a subset that were not supported by Express functionality.

As far as I know (again) everything is supported in Standard.

Regards,

Mike Wachal
    SQL Express team

----

Monday, July 10, 2006 7:47 PM
  • In the  SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration that comes with SQL Express Advanced you can Enable/Disable Web Asssistant Sp 's

Thks for help Mike

Monday, July 10, 2006 8:22 PM
  • So it is.

I'll have to talk to those SAC folks and see what gives.

Mike

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:35 PM
  • "

So it is.

I'll have to talk to those SAC folks and see what gives.

Mike"

can you keep me updated on this ?

Thks

Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:03 PM
  • Unfortunately, I can't promise to update you on the status of these types of issues.  It's not practical for me to try and track questions like these across several months and that is really not the point of the forums. (You know how it goes, if I do it for you, then I need to do it for everyone. )

I can tell you now that it is unlikely that you will see this change anytime soon. It's more likely something we would consider for the next version of SQL Server rather than something you would see in a service pack.

Regards,

Mike

Friday, July 14, 2006 2:19 AM
  • Thks for help --
    Friday, July 14, 2006 4:59 PM