none
Failed to register configuration server with Site recovery Vault for protection between vmware site to Azure (with VPN) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to register the Configuration Server with Site recovery Vault for protection between VMWare site to Azure.

I am doing this with site-to-site VPN connectivity.

The configuration server does not register and shows the error "Failed to register DRA. Error Code 1. Error logs available at <Systemdrive>\Program data\ASR Logs"

I have tried the procedure a couple of times, regenerating 

the vault credentials also, but it fails every time.

Also, when I was doing it without VPN, earlier, it was working fine.

Friday, July 17, 2015 6:20 AM

Answers

• There is a known issue with VPN deployments, where Configuration Server registration fails if you manually add an RDP endpoint to the Configuration Server Azure IaaS VM before completing the registration. The workaround is to RDP to the Configuration Server VM from another machine that is on the VPN network using the Configuration Server's internal IP address  (open mstsc and type in the internal IP address of the COnfiguration Server VM) and complete the registration.
    Friday, September 4, 2015 10:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

We are researching on the query and would get back to you soon on this.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,
    Neelesh
    Friday, July 17, 2015 7:20 PM
  • Hello,

Please let us know if you have upgraded to GA and still facing the issue. If not, please upgrade and re-try.

Thanks

Shashank

Monday, July 20, 2015 10:32 AM
  • Hi,

I am still facing the same issue.

Please look into it.

Thanks

Bhavya Singhal

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:13 AM
  • The subscription was already in GA.

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 10:33 AM
  • Can you try to restart DRA service on CS and try

net stop DRA

net start DRA

If this doesn't work ,please log a ticket with support to check further.

Thanks

Shashank

Monday, August 3, 2015 5:51 PM
  • I have the same issue. Did the net stop DRA.... net start DRA. Still get "Failed to register DRA. Error code: 1.

Friday, August 7, 2015 2:32 PM
  • Apparently there is a bug in the software. If I select VPN when creating the config server I get this error, but if I select public internet, I do not get this error. Even though it is a site to site VPN connection to our on-prem infrastructure.
    Friday, August 7, 2015 7:34 PM
  • Please send an email to shpissay@microsoft.com . I can work with you offline .

Thanks

Shashank

Monday, August 10, 2015 3:50 PM
  • Please let us know if the problem still persists. Please send an email to shpissay@microsoft.com. I can assist you offline.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:40 AM
  • There is a known issue with VPN deployments, where Configuration Server registration fails if you manually add an RDP endpoint to the Configuration Server Azure IaaS VM before completing the registration. The workaround is to RDP to the Configuration Server VM from another machine that is on the VPN network using the Configuration Server's internal IP address  (open mstsc and type in the internal IP address of the COnfiguration Server VM) and complete the registration.
    Friday, September 4, 2015 10:19 AM