none
Asp.NET MVC: How to configure SQL Server to work with Windows authentication? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I developed a website in Asp.NET MVC that uses a SQL connection string but Windows authentication is not taken into account.

My website is published on an IIS7 server and the SQL Server is on other server.

Here is the connection string I am currently using:

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="Context" connectionString="data source=ServerName;initial catalog=DbName;integrated security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
      </connectionStrings>

When I insert data into a table, SQL server uses the IIS server session or I would like to use the user's session which inserts data from my site.

Can you help me please?

Friday, August 2, 2019 7:01 AM

All replies

• Hi jboinembalome,

From the description of the thread, It looks like you have some issue with ASP.NET MVC.

This forum only handles Internet Explorer development related issues.

Therefore, for better response and better solution for your issue, I suggest you to post your question in forum below which is correct and most suitable forum for your question.

MSDN ASP.NET MVC Forum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 2, 2019 8:45 AM