none
File System Task-Moving File RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following directories

\\server\share\

\\server\share\archvie

I have a for each file loop and inside it a data flow that pulls from one of the flat files in the directory and then a file system task. If I choose the "Move File" option in the file system task to move the file to the archive directory, it fails with an access denied message. The access denied message occurs after a message saying file was successfully deleted. I am running this from BIDS right now and my local user can write delete etc in both the above directories. However, if I do a "copy file" in the file system task it seems to work. I think what is happening is it is deleting the file first and then trying to move it, but it no longer exists because it has been deleted--is this possible? Is this a bug of some sort?

For now I am going to workaround by putting in another file system task that deletes the files after they were copied and see how that goes, but would prefer just to do the "move" option.

Thanks,

Kayda

Saturday, January 19, 2008 6:29 PM

Answers

•  

HI, I had the same problem and I ended renaming the file using the new destination path and filename. It did the trick for me. I don't know why moving the file gives access denied error though.

HTH,

Ccote

Sunday, January 20, 2008 7:50 PM

All replies