Imported module AzureAD was removed in maintenance update - Need a mechanism to be notified about such updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

On March 4th 2020, Microsoft updated all basic Powershell modules for automation accounts in my subscription. In the same process, it removed the module AzureAD that was needed for a runbook I had created. Since the discovery of the update, I just had to reimport AzureAD to get things running smoothly again.

Is it possible for Microsoft to not remove modules that were previously imported?

Furthermore, I'd like to know if there's a page or feed I could subscribe to be informed/warned of such massive updates? 

Regards,

bkack

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 2:35 AM

All replies

• Hi bkack,

Thanks for reaching out! I am checking internally with the product team regarding your ask and shall update you soon with some insights and findings.
    Tuesday, April 28, 2020 12:32 PM
  • Hi! 

Anything new about an incoming maintenance page or rss feed?

Thank you.

bkack

Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:46 PM
  • Hi bkack,

AFAIK, we do not update modules on behalf of customer. Engineering team is not sure of the behavior described here and they need to investigate on this. Please raise a support ticket. If Azure technical support can confirm that this behavior has really happened automatically then we definitely can take it as a feedback to improve upon the module update process. 

If you already have a support plan then here are the steps to raise a support ticket. If you don't have a support plan then please send an email to AzCommunity@microsoft.com with your subscription ID and a link of this MSDN thread for context and we will assist you with engaging Azure technical support.

For reference, please reply us with the support case ID here in this MSDN thread.

Modules related document references:
    Update modules
    Manage modules
    Thursday, April 30, 2020 3:38 PM
  • Hi KrishnaG!

Case created. Its id is 120050424001363

Regards,

Monday, May 4, 2020 1:33 PM