none
how to get my password using sql management 2018 RRS feed

• Question

• I need the password for my database so that I can put it on server site.  I am using SQL Server management 2017 and the password is already there and I did not put it there.  I tried to change it with sa and other ways and could not.

Thanks, Jen

Jennifer Sheehan

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:27 PM

All replies

• It seems to be a known issue with SQL Server Management Studio but to date I have not seen a fix. I also have experienced this problem on numerous occasions. However there is a simple workaround for this problem. Try to delete the SqlStudio.bin or mru.dat file and the “Remember password” function should work. I have done this way back with no problems, and it worked.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:42 PM
  • There is no way to find the password.  Your only option is to reset the password.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:32 AM
  • How did you try to change it with sa and could not? Please describe what you did. 

Thursday, September 5, 2019 8:17 PM