Custom list with Recurring form fields but not working in Calendar view RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

As I understand, you add the recurrence field in the calendar list but it cannot work in SharePoint 2013.

If you want to set up recurring tasks in the task, you also could use the workflow. You could add some custom columns to help you calculate the recurrent time. In the workflow, it will check if the item in the task list is set as recurrent and the status of the item is completed. If it is, it will create a new task in the same list.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.  

The article below is about managing recurring tasks in SharePoint.

http://www.manageprojectsonsharepoint.com/blog/2014/02/21/managing-recurring-tasks-sharepoint/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Thursday, October 29, 2015 9:16 AM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As I understand, you add the recurrence field in the calendar list but it cannot work in SharePoint 2013.

If you want to set up recurring tasks in the task, you also could use the workflow. You could add some custom columns to help you calculate the recurrent time. In the workflow, it will check if the item in the task list is set as recurrent and the status of the item is completed. If it is, it will create a new task in the same list.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.  

The article below is about managing recurring tasks in SharePoint.

http://www.manageprojectsonsharepoint.com/blog/2014/02/21/managing-recurring-tasks-sharepoint/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Thursday, October 29, 2015 9:16 AM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:15 AM
  • Thanks Fran. I read over the article. I'm going to try it with some tweaking. I think there's a typo where "NewStartDate" is repeated with the same description. Since Recurring will be at different intervals for every Task, and the Tasks will require a number of days to complete, I'm thinking of setting it up something like this?

RecurringStartDateNumberDays number
    RecurringDueDateNumberDays number
    NewStartDate =[Start Date] + [RecurringStartDateNumberDays]
    NewDueDate =[Start Date] + [RecurringDueDateNumberDays]

Problem is that it seems like once recurring is set up it continues forever. I'm not seeing ways to limit the number or end date of recurrences unless the workflow is stopped manually.

• Edited by scogordo Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:58 PM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:46 PM
  • Hi,

You could set the conditions to stop the workflow. You could add the action “stop workflow” in the workflow.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Thursday, October 15, 2015 1:28 AM
  • i am sorry sara but i am not agree with you,

because the recurrence field is absolutely working in SharPpoint 2013 ,if you are creating manual calender list then it will definitely work,yeah there are issues with this recurrence  field but when you are creating custom calender list using visual studio.

• Edited by G7Mad7 Tuesday, April 12, 2016 10:38 AM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 10:37 AM