none
Analysis Services Audit Login Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing a problem when connecting with analysis services cube access from client machine here below the details

Note: i can able to connect with out any errors in server machine the problem occurs while connecting from client machines

1.SSAS cube by connecting via excel 2010 i am facing the follwoing Problem :                                                                                               Here below the scenario (finaly i can able to connect the ssas cube but the only problem unwanted error message and multidimensional connection wizard appear)
    1. MS Excel 2010
    2. Data Tab --> From Other Sources --> From Analysis Services --> Data Connection Wizard appread
    3. Enter the "Server Name". Log on credentials --> Check "Use the following User Name and Password" (Enter the Administrator User Name and Password) --> Next
    4. Select Cubes --> Next
    5. Click --> Finish
    6. Error Message --> An error was encountered in the transport layer.
    7. Once I click OK --> "Multidimensional Connection 10.0"wizard appread
    8. Enter the User ID and Password --> Next --> Finish
    9. Pivot Table show in the Excel

2. SSAS Cube by connection via internet explorer by using BAM(Biztalk server) portal.

The Error found in  SQL Profiler for Analysis service for both connection via Excel as well as Internet explorer :

Audit Login   9  ANONYMOUS LOGON   2012-10-26 08:52:38.000 2012-10-26 08:52:39.000    0 NT AUTHORITY 

Configuration Details

Server Details :

SQL SERVER 2008 R2 ,Windows server 2008 r2 OS

Client Machine Details :

Windows 7 OS ,Internet Explorer 9, MS office 2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services 10.0 OLE DB Provider, MS Office 2003 WebComponenets

Internet explorer settings: 1.Trusted Sites Added 2. ActiveX controls tab enabled 3.Acess data sources acros domains tab enabled

I just refered the link http://technet.microsoft.com/library/Cc917670 but i can't able to solve it (i can't able to understand properly).

Please explain me a better way.

Thanks in Advance,

Thanks, Vasantha Prabakaran

Friday, October 26, 2012 1:38 PM

All replies

• You've hit the double-hop issue. Looks like your Application Pool identity is configured to run under one of the anonymous local accounts. Easiest way to resolve would be to configure that AppPool to use a network account and configure that network account to have access to the cube. If you have user specific security defined on the cube, you'll need to configure the network account to delegate those credentials to SSAS. There's several references out there so just Bing "double-hop" SSAS.

HTH, Martin

http://martinmason.wordpress.com

Friday, October 26, 2012 3:24 PM