none
Multiple Fact Tables RRS feed

• Question

• I have two fact tables in a cube...Both fact tables have plenty of measures, some even have the same measures but are name differently (ex. Bad Phone Number, Number of Bad Phones).  When I process the cube, only the measures in the most recent fact table (A) show up.  The oldest fact table does have some measures to show up in the cube but I was expecting that all the measure in both fact tables would show up. Both fact tables are connected to the same dimensions. Any ideas?

Monday, August 20, 2007 2:22 AM

Answers

• So when you open up the cube in BIDS, can you see all the measures you expect in the list on the top left hand side? If not you can drag the columns you want from the fact tables in the diagram in the centre pane to the measures list. If you cannot even see these columns in the diagram then you must have altered your table structures after building your DSV and you will need to open up your DSV and refresh it before going back into the cube designer to create the measures.

Hope this helps.

Monday, August 20, 2007 3:41 AM
  • Darren, thanks a bunch this worked

Monday, August 20, 2007 3:42 PM

All replies

• So when you open up the cube in BIDS, can you see all the measures you expect in the list on the top left hand side? If not you can drag the columns you want from the fact tables in the diagram in the centre pane to the measures list. If you cannot even see these columns in the diagram then you must have altered your table structures after building your DSV and you will need to open up your DSV and refresh it before going back into the cube designer to create the measures.

Hope this helps.

Monday, August 20, 2007 3:41 AM
  • Darren, thanks a bunch this worked

Monday, August 20, 2007 3:42 PM