none
Ownership of SQL Rows RRS feed

• Question

• I'm wondering if there is a way to give Ownership to the rows of a SQL data base to the user or organization that created specific rows.

I in no way have control over this use case but the idea came up because of all the snow closures in King County and the 211 database for things like shelters, meal sites, and other resources to my knowledge doesn't have someone constantly updating each site. I was wondering though if the web descriptions were all generated by a SLQ with a very basic client screen for the dynamic content or things that fir the data model of each type such as a meal sites time and or closure. Then Individuals in that organization could use credential to identify them but only have access to their organizations data entry. That way people regularly seeking food by either calling in or checking that open database themselves wouldn't get outdated info if an organization had to cancel or reschedule the time and or place to of a resource. That could mean people choose more relevant results.

I'm sure this kind of credential ownership of entries over a shared database for a larger system has other use cases and might even be a current option. Not sure if the 211 database has the kinds of resources to do that much on the spot upkeep without it though as an example.
    Monday, February 11, 2019 1:53 PM

All replies