none
Microsoft Kiosk Browser iframe sandbox="allow-scripts allow-forms allow-same-origin" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Dev Center User,

in an Webpage made by us. We use an iframe for close the newspaper website in a sandbox like it show below.

<iframe src="https://www.newspaper.site" id="external" sandbox="allow-scripts allow-forms allow-same-origin"></iframe>

All Browser respect this rule. But im Kiosk browser it open a new destination page about the href was with  target="_blank". So how i can Block the Kiosk Browser to open it. For info the Kiosk Browser work as City Information Terminal.

Great Thanks in Advance

Marc 

Monday, June 10, 2019 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Marc Schweneke,

I try to make a test with your code in Kiosk browser and find that your code is loading the news site properly without creating any new page.

Testing result:

I suggest you to make a test with any other site and try to load it using your iframe to check the result. 

It can be possible that issue caused by that third party news site.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 10, 2019 9:09 AM
  • Thanks for quick answer,

here the newspaper site we close in iframe: <iframe src="https://www.sz-online.de/sachsen/doebeln" id="external" sandbox="allow-scripts allow-forms allow-same-origin"></iframe> .

You can also the Terminal page as it selve for test. It is https://doebeln.interra-terminals.de/news/ if you than click on the Menu icon (hamburger) and click on the Menu item "zum E-Paper" inside a Kiosk Browser from Microsoft that he will open a full new Page. In our setting i not have allow the End Session or Navigation Buttons about, if there active also the Navigation bar is active. And the User can use the Kiosk Browser like an Standard Browser. So in our Setting is no buttons no End Session time out (End Session Window is only in English but Terminal is in Germany).

I hope it make your testing now more easy.

Best Regards 

Marc

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:35 AM
  • Hi Marc Schweneke,

I try to click the "zum E-Paper" option from kiosk browser and it takes me to the registration page.

It opened the registration page in the same window. Unfortunately I don't have any registration for this site so I am not able to test it further than that.

I also notice that in other browsers it opens the registration page and any other links in new tab where as in Kiosk browser it opens every links in the same window.

It can be possible that you had done any settings for the Kiosk browser. If yes than for testing purpose, I suggest you to set all settings to default and again try to make a test.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Thanks for testing,

i Test with Last version of Firefox, Chrome, Edge and internet Explorer and the Registration Page not Open (Like i want to not be open as it was set by sandbox="allow-scripts allow-forms allow-same-origin" for iframe. Sure by Normale Browser right mouse klick and select open in new tab there open the link but not with normal left click. Like i want to be. The only setting i give to the Kiosk Browser is the Default Start URL. No other settings are done. So how i can make that the Kiosk Browser not open that Page from iframe in full page? Like sure by You too. That is the biggest problem for me. I can´t back to the Start Page.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 10:53 AM
  • Hi Marc Schweneke,

I check the documentation but I did not get any option to do what you want to achieve.

KioskBrowser (Windows Configuration Designer reference)

As a work around you can try to set the specific URL to block it with in kiosk browser.

you can also try to check the kiosk mode of Windows 10 to check whether it is working as per your requirement or not.

Reference:

Guidelines for choosing an app for assigned access (kiosk mode)

Deploy Microsoft Edge kiosk mode

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:15 AM