none
Render Too Big for the page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm having alot of trouble with reporting services at the moment!

After running a report on an installation of reporting services / SQL 2008 the render output produces a image file that is far too big to fit on to a standard page.

It seems that the 'physical size' of the image file is alot bigger than the actual page size, regardless of the page size settings.

When I try using the 'device info' settings and use 'page width' and 'page height' the output doesn't resize the output but simply 'cuts' that size out of the outputted page.

I can provide code if required

Any ideas anyone?

-LD
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:16 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the replys.

I found it eventually, but only by luck!

It turns out that the 'render' method when calling a 2008 SQL server produces a much larger image than a 2005 server.

When I was calling the 'print' event to 'paste' the image onto the printed page I used this method:

“ev.Graphics.DrawImage(pageImage, 0,0, ev.PageWidth,ev.PageHeight);”

A friend found another example of printing via a render method and found that they produced the page using a different overload of 'drawImage':

“ev.Graphics.DrawImage(pageImage, ev.PageBounds);”

This 2nd method of 'DrawImage' seems to 'paste' the image correctly onto the page.

Very weird, and very annoying but I am glad I have found it :D
    -LD
    Monday, March 8, 2010 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Ldwater,

Try to set the image control size to "Original size" to resize item to accommodate the image in the size page in Image Properties.

Hope this helpfully,

thanks,
    Jerry

Monday, March 8, 2010 1:47 AM
  • In the image properties there will be couple of options such as  "Original Size", "Fit Proportional","Fit to Size" & Clip try those options. Else if the images are JPEG try to change it into PNG OR GIF etc...
    hopefully this wil helpfully and update me
    Dasari
    Monday, March 8, 2010 2:28 AM
  • Thanks for the replys.

I found it eventually, but only by luck!

It turns out that the 'render' method when calling a 2008 SQL server produces a much larger image than a 2005 server.

When I was calling the 'print' event to 'paste' the image onto the printed page I used this method:

“ev.Graphics.DrawImage(pageImage, 0,0, ev.PageWidth,ev.PageHeight);”

A friend found another example of printing via a render method and found that they produced the page using a different overload of 'drawImage':

“ev.Graphics.DrawImage(pageImage, ev.PageBounds);”

This 2nd method of 'DrawImage' seems to 'paste' the image correctly onto the page.

Very weird, and very annoying but I am glad I have found it :D
    -LD
    Monday, March 8, 2010 8:37 AM