none
How to make PDFCreator to run in background when exporting data to PDF in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my application am using PDFCreator tool to create/export data to PDF. But for my requirement when i export to PDF i shouldnot get POP-UP to save the file(It should happen in the background). So for that i have added the registry as below:

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\PDFCreator\Ports\PDFCreator /v Arguments /t REG_SZ /d "-PPDFCREATORPRINTER -OPTIONSFILE\"%SystemDrive%\Program Files\PDFCreator\PDFCreator.ini "" /f

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\PDFCreator\Program" /v UpdateInterval /t REG_SZ /d "0" /f

but still am getting the POP-UP. But the above reg addition is working in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10.

So i need to disable that POP-UP(or UI) to export the data into PDF ( The default save directory i have added in PDFCreator.ini file.

It would be great if someone help me.

Thanks,

Mike

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 1:35 PM

All replies

• sorry but you haven't shown any of your javascript. We can't tell whether your code would work in any version of IE without actually seeing the code, you know. 

If your code isn't in javascript, then the a web development forum is the wrong forum. 

Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:08 PM
  • Hi Mike xing,

Is this issue has any relation with Internet Explorer browser?

From the description, it looks like a development issue.

From your description, we are not getting much idea about which kind of project you are developing and which third party tools you are using.

If it is a development issue which does not have any relation with Internet Explorer browser then this can be the incorrect forum for your issue.

I suggest you to provide detailed information about your issue.

If this is not the relevant forum then I will try to find the suitable forum for you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 2:32 AM