none
peer-to-peer transactional replication on sql 2014 RRS feed

• Question

• This is what I did to setup the replication.

I ensured that databases on both servers are identical.

1. configure the distribution db this configured distributor and enabled publisher on the first machine.

1a. configure the distribution db this configured distributor and enabled publisher on the second machine.

2. Create new local publication on the first machine

3. Create new local publication on the second machine

4.  On the first machine, in the peep-to-peer topology, add the second machine.

I understood, that this all that was needed to setup peer-to-peer replication.   I looked at the replication monitor on both machines and found status to be ok and replication was excellent.

I made a change to a row on one server and this change propagated to the remote server.  Last synchronization date is current.  Awaiting synchronizations is 0.

However, I am not getting replication history.  In fact, looking at msdistribution_history, no replicated transactions are available.  I there a way to see what got synced?   Is there an issue with my replication setup?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 5:14 PM

Answers

• What is the history retention period? Do you see data in MSrepl_commands table in distribution db? Since your data is replicated to subscriber, then there is no issue with the replication. 
    • Marked as answer by rgelfand Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:26 PM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:10 PM

All replies

• What is the history retention period? Do you see data in MSrepl_commands table in distribution db? Since your data is replicated to subscriber, then there is no issue with the replication. 
    • Marked as answer by rgelfand Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:26 PM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:10 PM
  • Ah.. I just found that history retention was 48 hours.  This explains things.
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:27 PM