none
The component does not supply error code descriptions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, everyone,

I try the SSIS tutorial that add error flow redirection, but I I can not get the error description that map the error code. I check this problems from DataViewer on the error output, it shows that  "The component does not supply error code descriptions", so do I reinstall something component? Thanks.

other info:

I use SQL Server 2017 with SSIS.

Monday, February 25, 2019 2:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Frank,

It is a common misconception about the error description. It simply is not available out of the box. You need some very lite coding done, follow https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/lesson-4-3-adding-error-flow-redirection?view=sql-server-2017 or find more online

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

• Marked as answer by Frank Kung Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:51 AM
    Monday, February 25, 2019 3:15 PM
  • Hi Frank, 

Any update to this question? 

Have you checked the link posted by Arthur? Does that work for you?

If not, please provide more details about how to reproduce the problem, so that we can try to help you fix it. 

Which component you are using? What's the code in Script Component? Screenshots will be very useful. 

Related link: 

How do I provide error code descriptions for custom dataflow component?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:48 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, but I did that above before asking the question. However, it did not work and show the error message as follows:

SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED. The Execution method 
    succeeded, but the number of errors raised (3) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. 
    This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. 
    Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.

so I try to check the problem by dataviewer on the error output, and my ssis extension version is 2.1.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:56 AM
  • thanks, my script is as follows:[Visual C#]

public override void Input0_ProcessInputRow(Input0Buffer Row)
        {

Row.ErrorDescription = ComponentMetaData.GetErrorDescription(Row.ErrorCode);

}

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 2:01 AM
  • Sorry, I solved it by change the data type. 
    • Marked as answer by Frank Kung Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:50 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:42 AM