none
Edge Browser not suppoting Powerview Reports. How to fix this ? RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to open the Powerview report in the new Windows 10 Explorer (MS Edge), I am asked to install Silverlight. When I try to install this, it says I already have it installed so I can’t proceed in opening the Powerview report.
    Monday, August 17, 2015 9:16 AM

Answers

• Hi 7_Vaibhav,

According to your description, you want to run the power view report in Windows 10 Edge browser, right?

Based on our test, when we try to launch power view report in Edge browser, we are prompted to install the Microsoft Silverlight. And we can notice that “Silverlight is not available in the Microsoft Edge browser, but is supported in Internet Explorer” in System Requirements section.

Besides, based on my research, the Edge browser is not listed in the supported browser versions for power view report. Please refer to this article: Planning for Reporting Services and Power View Browser Support (Reporting Services).

So currently, we are not able to run the power view report via Edge browser. In your scenario, if you want to run the power view report in Windows 10, as a workaround, you can use built-in IE 11 browser instead of Edge. Also you can submit a feedback about the issue that power view report can’t be displayed in Edge browser to Microsoft Connect at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback. This connect site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft Connect.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Vaibhav,

Use the HTML 5 version. Down in the lower right, there is an icon that you can click to render the report in HTML 5 versus Silverlight.

Please Dont forget to mark as answer and Helpful Post. It helps others to find relevant posts to the same question. Milan Das

Monday, August 17, 2015 9:40 AM
  • Hi 7_Vaibhav,

According to your description, you want to run the power view report in Windows 10 Edge browser, right?

Based on our test, when we try to launch power view report in Edge browser, we are prompted to install the Microsoft Silverlight. And we can notice that “Silverlight is not available in the Microsoft Edge browser, but is supported in Internet Explorer” in System Requirements section.

Besides, based on my research, the Edge browser is not listed in the supported browser versions for power view report. Please refer to this article: Planning for Reporting Services and Power View Browser Support (Reporting Services).

So currently, we are not able to run the power view report via Edge browser. In your scenario, if you want to run the power view report in Windows 10, as a workaround, you can use built-in IE 11 browser instead of Edge. Also you can submit a feedback about the issue that power view report can’t be displayed in Edge browser to Microsoft Connect at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback. This connect site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft Connect.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:17 AM