none
Replication Monitoring Tools

Question

• Hi, Can anyone suggest a Replication Monitoring Tool? We have like 200 servers to monitor. Its been very had for us to manage replicatoin in Replication Monitor. I m looking for something that gives us better view of the Replication flow like Errors, Latency etc..

Thank you

Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:07 PM

All replies

• Hi SQLmaddy,

I would like to recommend that you refer to Data Collection in SQL Server to see if it could fulfill your requirement. Please refer to this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb677179.aspx

Meanwhile I would like to recommend that you use Bing or Google to search it in the web to see if there is a better tool.

If you have any good idea about improving the Replication Monitor, you could provide Microsoft your feedback at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer so that our product team will hear your voice and improve our products in the future.

If anything is unclear, please let me know.

Regards,
    Tom Li
    Monday, November 01, 2010 7:03 AM
  • Tom, Thanks for your reply. Does Data collector work with SQL 2000 and SQL2005 as well?? I thought it works only for SQL 2008!! coz we have around 150 servers in SQL 2000. I will search google and I will let you know if I find something better than Replication Monitor!

Thank you

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 1:46 PM
  • Have you taken a look at Quest Spotlight on SQL Server (SoSS) ... they added a newly built out replication piece that may fit your needs.

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 6:15 PM
  • Hi JJKushch, right now I m looking at this. loooks like is it kool !! Thank you
    Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:48 PM
  • Take a look at DIAB from DIABSQLSoftware.com. it has support from montoring replication and will send alerts should a failure occure. It is part of a much larger package of SQL server tools. The replication piece works by comparing the number of records between the publiser and subscriber for selected articles and if the difference is > than the preset limit it will send an alert.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:59 PM