none
SSRS Installation to differenent Edition - same version RRS feed

• Question

• Fellow SQLers,

I have always followed the approach that if I was going to use SQL Server Enterprise Edition and if I was needing SSRS that I also should be using SSRS Enterprise Edition and NOT using something else (ie. SSRS Standard Edition)

Is this still the best practice case?

Is there an official MS document that discusses this?

Thanks

MG

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:25 PM

Answers

• There's no necessity that if DB used is Ent Edition SSRS also have to be Ent Edition

The decision is generally driven by factors like what features you want to use. For example if you want to use features like data driven subscriptions in SSRS you would need Enterprise Edition. As far as data connections goes, Any edition of SSRS can connect to any edition of SQLServer. There's no limitation based on Editions as far as I'm aware. It doesnt affect anything except for the features you would like to incorporate at the DB or at report server level.

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

• Marked as answer by mg101 Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:30 PM

All replies

• There's no necessity that if DB used is Ent Edition SSRS also have to be Ent Edition

The decision is generally driven by factors like what features you want to use. For example if you want to use features like data driven subscriptions in SSRS you would need Enterprise Edition. As far as data connections goes, Any edition of SSRS can connect to any edition of SQLServer. There's no limitation based on Editions as far as I'm aware. It doesnt affect anything except for the features you would like to incorporate at the DB or at report server level.

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

• Marked as answer by mg101 Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:30 PM
  • thanks Visakh
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:41 PM