none
Report Builder 3.0 unable to access SharePoint Foundation 2010 Report Server RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am having a terrrible time getting this to work. I have configured the SharePoint site and the SQL Servers involved to use Kerberos. That has been confirmed working.

    I then configured the SharePoint site's Reporting Services integration (trusted account), enabled anonymous access and enabled report builder. I can launch report builder without any issues at all. The problem comes when I try to save my report. When Report Builder is started Items->New-ReportBuilder Report it opens and display in the lower left hand corner "No current report server." When I close the Wizard dialog and click connect I enter http://server.fqdn.net and I receive the following error:

    Connection failed:

    Unable to connect to the server that is specified in the URL, 'http://servername.fqdn.net/'.

    Make sure that the server is running, the URL is correct, and you have permission to use the server.

    I have also tried http://servername.fqdn.net/reportsserver/. When I try that I receive a login prompt. When I enter my credentials it tries for a few seconds and then sends another login prompt. I installed the report server using default settings. The reporting services db is on the same server as sharepoint. The configuration and other databases are on a remote SQL Server.

     

    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 8:09 PM

Answers

  • Here is how this progressed to an answer:

    1.       The initial installation must have been bad because it would not let us download report builder.

    2.       We turned on anonymous access based on a few articles we found online. This allowed us to download report builder.

    3.       Report builder, however, was unable to access the report server. This was the ultimate issue.

    4.       I reinstalled but continued to enable anonymous access assuming it was required, even though I had not done it on the initial test deployment (which did work).

    5.       I continued to get the error that the report server did not exist.

    6.       I reinstalled again and tried another fix.

    7.       I reinstalled a third time but did not enable anonymous access, because that was the only thing I could think that was different between the test site that worked and this one.

    • Marked as answer by Robert Kaucher Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:36 PM
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:36 PM

All replies

  • Just to add some new information. When I upload a report to the site it works under the account I used to install sharepoint and sql server. When I try to access the report under another account, which is a site collection admin, I get this error:

    ----

    • An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Cannot create a connection to data source 'DataSource1'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
        • The connection either timed out or was lost.
          • Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
            • An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

     

     

    When I try to access it using any account from any other machine I get this:

    Error

    The Web application at <<URL>>/Reports/Untitled.rdl could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application.

     

    Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

    Correlation ID: 32a4ae22-6785-49e7-8a7c-095ca515307a

    Date and Time: 10/7/2010 9:09:00 AM

    ----

    When I try to deploy a report from BIDS I get multiple login prompts.

    I have tried setting the authentication levels manually.

                 <RSWindowsNegotiate />
                 <RSWindowsKerberos />
                 <RSWindowsNTLM />

    Nothing is working... I may need to be placed on a 72 hour hold soon. :-s

    • Edited by Robert Kaucher Thursday, October 7, 2010 2:36 PM Adding info
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 1:07 PM
  • Here is how this progressed to an answer:

    1.       The initial installation must have been bad because it would not let us download report builder.

    2.       We turned on anonymous access based on a few articles we found online. This allowed us to download report builder.

    3.       Report builder, however, was unable to access the report server. This was the ultimate issue.

    4.       I reinstalled but continued to enable anonymous access assuming it was required, even though I had not done it on the initial test deployment (which did work).

    5.       I continued to get the error that the report server did not exist.

    6.       I reinstalled again and tried another fix.

    7.       I reinstalled a third time but did not enable anonymous access, because that was the only thing I could think that was different between the test site that worked and this one.

    • Marked as answer by Robert Kaucher Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:36 PM
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:36 PM