none
Error when running a SSIS package from a stored procedure from Microsoft Flow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created a stored procedure which calls a SSIS package. The SSIS package creates a file in a folder on the server. When running the stored procedure from the SSMS server, being connected with a Windows Authentication username, everything works fine. 

If I run the stored procedure from Microsoft Flow, making the conection to the database with the same user as above, I am getting the error: 

Export data to CSV file:Error: CSV File Destination failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC020200E.

Export data to CSV file:Error: Cannot open the datafile "\\m-.........csv". 

It cannot write the file to the location, even if the user has full rights on the server.Has anyone encountered this error so far?

I have tried different solutions, but none of them worked.

Thank you.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Onaa,

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Onaa Monday, October 21, 2019 8:42 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2019 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Onaa,

MS Flow runs under a different security context.

You would need to engineer the process differently.

Perhaps MS Flow should start an Agent job that has a SSIS step in it that set in turn to operate via an proxy account which does have the rights over the remote share.

Or maybe you should use Data Factory and not SSIS and/or not shares but the block storage.

So this design appears to be a tad odd to my engineering taste.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:39 PM
  • Hi Onaa,

Please check if the user has full rights on the csv files.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, October 11, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi Onaa,

Please check if the user has full rights on the csv files.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support

Hello Mona,

The user has rights for the location where the file is posted, because if I run the procedure from the database server, being connected with that user, no error is received.

Thank you.

Friday, October 11, 2019 7:53 AM
  • Onaa,

User rights do not get propagated when run in a non-interactive manner.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Friday, October 11, 2019 1:18 PM
  • Hello,

Actually this was a Kerberos issue and it got solved. Thank you.

Friday, October 18, 2019 10:57 AM
  • Hi Onaa,

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Onaa Monday, October 21, 2019 8:42 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2019 2:10 AM