none
SSRS 2016 Web Portal Hidden Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to really hide the hidden reports and the View Option in the Web Portal?

I have hidden reports in previous versions of SSRS that the users could not see but they can see and access them in SSRS 2016.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:09 PM

Answers

• There's an issue in the SSRS 2016 RTM build where "Show hidden items" is checked by default, whereas it should be unchecked by default. We've addressed that issue for an update coming this fall; "Show hidden items" will be unchecked by default. The same update also includes a new "List" view, functionally similar to the "Details" view in Report Manager in previous versions of SSRS.

Senior Program Manager | SQL Server Reporting Services

• Proposed as answer by Yuliana Gu Friday, September 2, 2016 10:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by manuel_martinez Friday, September 2, 2016 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:46 PM

All replies

• Hi manuel_martinez,

In Reporting Service 2016 Web portal, it is still support to hide reports by checking the Hide in title view checkbox in report properties pane.

Besides, if you want to limit some users to view specific reports. Under the report security pane, you can grant view permissions to specific users. You can assign roles containing view permissions to those users or groups allowed to access reports.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Yuliana Gu

Thursday, August 18, 2016 8:16 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I have that option (Hide in Tile View) marked in the reports and folders but users have the option to see them via the View option next to the Search.

Is there any way to hide this option?

Thanks in advance

Monday, August 22, 2016 12:44 PM
  • There's an issue in the SSRS 2016 RTM build where "Show hidden items" is checked by default, whereas it should be unchecked by default. We've addressed that issue for an update coming this fall; "Show hidden items" will be unchecked by default. The same update also includes a new "List" view, functionally similar to the "Details" view in Report Manager in previous versions of SSRS.

Senior Program Manager | SQL Server Reporting Services

• Proposed as answer by Yuliana Gu Friday, September 2, 2016 10:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by manuel_martinez Friday, September 2, 2016 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:46 PM
  • Thank you for this
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:18 PM
  • Do you know what Cumulative Update this is in?  I checked CU1 and CU2 notes but didn't see these particular fixes.
    Friday, October 14, 2016 5:42 PM
  • This fix is in an update that's currently scheduled for release by the end of November.

Group Program Manager | SQL Server Reporting Services

Friday, October 14, 2016 7:53 PM
  • Thanks for the response, we are looking forward to it's release.
    Saturday, October 15, 2016 12:49 AM
  • Hi,

Its now Nov 8th 2017 but still issue is not fixed. I can see "Show Hidden Items" checkbox checked by default. Moreover this View tab should also be customized. What if I don't want to show this View Tab to my client? Right now there is no way to do it.

Sameer

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:13 AM
  • We first released this fix in SQL Server 2016 Service Pack 1 in November 2016.

Then new users should have "Show hidden items" unchecked by default. (Existing users may need to clear their cookies once to clear their previously-stored setting.)

Group Program Manager | SQL Server Reporting Services

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:41 PM
  • We applied SP1 for SQL server 2016 database but still my users are complaining as they can see more reports after migrated to SQL 2016, even folder placed in hidden from View Option manually but still users able to see all the reports from that folder.

The fix which I applied is I am going through one by one report for users and revoke access hide reports manually I know this is  tedious job but I feel we do not have any alternative solution, can anyone suggest if we have any solution for all users to reduce manual work.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Srini.B

• Proposed as answer by Srini Boddu Friday, June 15, 2018 10:14 AM
    Monday, December 11, 2017 10:54 AM
  • I don't believe this is what the user was asking for.  Is there a way to truly hide a folder/report in Report Manager so that users cannot see an item even if they search for it?

We have a model where we deploy all the reports to a 'Master' folder and then create linked reports to these reports in Functional folders.  We would like for users to find (and Favorite) the linked reports but not the reports deployed to the Masters Folder.  

Is there a way to achieve this without having to create a front end to control which reports are visible to the end user?

We really like SSRS 2016's new Report Manager portal but would love for it to be a bit more powerful....

Kathy T

Monday, June 17, 2019 8:08 PM