none
SSAS - Aggregation Wizard Returns No Aggregations RRS feed

• Question

• When I run the Aggregation Wizard and click Start on the Set Aggregaion Options page I get:

0 aggregations have been designed. The optimization level is 0% (0 bytes).

I have got EstimatedRows 82 979 000....

And I don´t know what I have to set into these values (Estimated Count and Partition Count)...Or how many partitions I can to create?

Can somebody help me with some example?

Thank you for yours answers.

Thom.

Friday, March 3, 2017 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Thom,

Thanks for your question.
    Aggregations are precalculated summaries of cube data that help enable Analysis Services to provide rapid query responses.

To set storage options and design aggregations for a partition, use the Aggregation Design Wizard. The wizard operates on a single partition of a measure group at a time so that you can select different options and designs for each partition. The wizard takes you through steps to configure storage and design aggregation for a partition.

For more information designing aggregations, please refer to Optimize a SQL Server Analysis Services Measure Group Partition for Performance.
    And this video should also be helpful for you:
    http://sqlbits.com/Sessions/Event4/designing_effective_aggregations_in_analysis_services_2008

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by alexander fun Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:16 PM
    Monday, March 6, 2017 1:53 AM
  • Thank you for your answer. The video isn´t avaliable, can I find video somewhere on the internet?

But I know how I have to built the partitons. But I have got a problem, when I give a process aggregation at the partitions.

I read a lot of blogs and text, but it is maybe some specific mistake. I don´t know. :-(

• Edited by thomcz Monday, March 6, 2017 9:12 AM
    Monday, March 6, 2017 9:10 AM
  • Hi Thom,

Thanks for your response.

You can find a useful video in following URL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKk_EuAsts

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, March 6, 2017 9:59 AM
  • I don´t know what can i to do otherwise. I don´t have any ideas. :-(

Now, I do a process project with new partitions and after calculated aggregation, but with result. It is the same mistake: 0 aggregations have been designed. The optimization level is 0% (0 bytes).

Monday, March 6, 2017 12:23 PM
  • Hi Thom,

Thanks for your response.

Please share the detailed steps of running Aggregation Design Wizard.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:45 AM