none
SSIS Package - Scrolled to bottom right corner when opening an existing package? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have strange behaviour in Visual Studio 2008 BID when opening some of my SSIS packages.

It scrolls to the bottom right of the package but so as that nothing is displayed, now everytime the packages with this problem are opened up I have to first use the scrollbars to scroll left and up to see my tasks?

How can this be fixed? it is like there are 'empty' spaces in the package area?

I.W Coetzer
    Friday, November 12, 2010 8:25 AM

Answers

• Very annoying in my book also!

I changed PersistedZoom to 100 in all my packages (in XML). I also had to move at least one object before saving. Having done that, the packages open up in view again.

Ola Lov 

• Marked as answer by I.W Coetzer Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:57 AM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 11:38 AM

All replies

• I have seen it too, on some of mine and have yet to figure out a) what causes it or b) how to stop it.
    Todd C - MSCTS SQL Server 2005 - Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.
    Friday, November 12, 2010 1:57 PM
  • Try this:

Re-format the package layout with: Format->Auto Layout->Diagram

Save the package, close and then reopen.

I have had some success with this in the past.

Friday, November 12, 2010 2:04 PM
  • Hi D. Pendleton

I assume you first have to view the source (xml) code of the SSIS Package?

When I do this I don't have a Format menu item and cannot spot and Auto Layout on the toolbars either.

Where is this functionality hiding from my eyes?

Thanks,

Ian

I.W Coetzer
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:39 PM
  • No, not the XML just view the design surface of either the control flow or a data flow task.

You will see a Format menu when one of these is active.

Friday, November 26, 2010 7:15 AM
  • Very annoying in my book also!

I changed PersistedZoom to 100 in all my packages (in XML). I also had to move at least one object before saving. Having done that, the packages open up in view again.

Ola Lov 

• Marked as answer by I.W Coetzer Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:57 AM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 11:38 AM
  • Full Solution:

1. In BIDS (Visual Studio) first close all open SSIS packages / xml files to avoid confusion ...

2. Right click on the SSIS package and select the "View Code" menu item. (to open the actual xml)

3. Search for all instances of "PersistedZoom" and change the value directly to the right of it to 100 (mine was 80 or 90 ...)

4. Now save and close the XML file.

5. Now open the SSIS package in the designer, you will notice that it is still scrolled to the bottom right!

6. Now make any small change (I scrolled to the top-left and just slightly moved a task)

7. Now save and close the designer

8. Re-open the SSIS package in the designer! and what do you know it does not start scrolled down to the bottom right anymore!

Let me know if you still have issues - but as I said I followed this same process on all my problem packages and they ALL now open correctly.

I noticed that after doing all this the PersistedZoom property disappeared from the xml, which leads me to believe that if I zoom in and out of my packages again it will probably get stuck by opening to the bottom right again ...

I.W Coetzer
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:07 AM
  • I.W Coetzer's "Full Solution" worked for me, with the variation of editing PersistedViewPortLeft and PersistedViewPortTop to have values 0, open, scroll to desired position, make small change as above, close, re-open.  Doing just the PersistedZoom didn't solve it, but it did make the property disappear as for I.W Coetzer.

Kip B

• Edited by KipB Friday, August 16, 2013 2:46 PM
    Friday, August 16, 2013 2:46 PM
  • Persisted zoom solution worked perfectly - thanks!
    Monday, May 19, 2014 3:22 PM