none
Dashboard Filter RRS feed

• Question

• There was a filter in my dashboard with the MDX “[Product].[Product Description].Members”.

In that filter list all products without consider what are in release to market or not. So I add new MDX like “NONEMPTY([Product].[Product Description].Members, [Measures].[Product Sales Avg])”

But still the filter list down all products. I confirm  that there is no value in [Product Sales Avg] for the lot of [Product Description] still listed in filter. Should I clear any memory in dashboard or SharePoint

Friday, May 4, 2018 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Shamantha,

Thanks for your question.

>>>In that filter list all products without consider what are in release to market or not. So I add new MDX like “NONEMPTY([Product].[Product Description].Members, [Measures].[Product Sales Avg])”. But still the filter list down all products.
    Yes, that's a expected behavior, filter will listed all the members in the dimension attribute [Product].[Product Description].

>>> I confirm that there is no value in [Product Sales Avg] for the lot of [Product Description] still listed in filter. Should I clear any memory in dashboard or SharePoint.
    Clearing memory in dashboard or SharePoint will not work for this issue. If you want to  list the product that are released to market, I would suggest you to add a column in the product dimension data source table called [Released Status], If the product is released, then released status is 1, else released status is 0. Then you can put a filter called released status to filer the products that has been released.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 7, 2018 1:50 AM