Unable to open project in VisualStudio 2010 with silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• I created a SilverLight solution in VS2010 Professional with silverlight SDK 5 . Now, my system got changed with new laptop and installed same VS2010 but now its not loading . below error I am facing 

Unable to open project. An update to Microsoft Visual Studio is required to support the targeted version of SilverLight. Download the update at  

Friday, July 24, 2020 4:46 AM

All replies

• Dear customer, thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue.
    Have you tried to download the update that mentioned in the error message? If not, please have a try with it and share the result. The Silverlight SDK 5 is standalone that not shipped with VS 2010 SP1, please make sure you have manually install the Silverlight 5.
    Meanwhile, please try to upgrade to the VS 2010 SP1 and we can download SP1 from here, sign in with the Microsoft account and freely join the Dev Essential.
    If you have any updates, please feel free to let us know. 

Best regards,
    Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, July 24, 2020 6:51 AM
  • Hi Sara,

thanks for your swift reposnse.

1. I have installed Silverlight 5 on my system already and SP1 as well . still i am having this issue.

2. the link provided upon error is not having anything it says upgrade was removed. 

as my account  verification is still pending so cant attach image for both the things.

Please help me

thanks

Shubham 

Sunday, July 26, 2020 4:29 AM
  • Hi Shubham,

Thanks for your update.

If you directly create a new Silverlight project, does it works fine or not.

Please go to the Control Panel-Programs and Features, right click the VS 2010 to Repair it, then reboot the computer and check this issue again.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 27, 2020 9:00 AM
  • Hi Shubham Chak,

What about this issue in your side? If you create a new SilverLight project, how about the result?

If a new project works well, please compare the .xxproj file, maybe we could get more helpful information there.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 9:15 AM