none
Adding different URL's to different rows in SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I didn't see a dedicated category for SSRS and hence posting in Scripting Guys Forum.

I am building a SQL SSRS report using report builder. I am all but done except for adding a URL to a row in a table within the report. The rows are returned only when the report runs. I would like to be able to add an expression in the table to go to a URL when a specific row is clicked. I am sure there is a way. I couldn't see any documentation online. Your help is much appreciated !

Naga Sai Jonnavithula

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, October 15, 2019 1:43 PM Move to more appropriate forum
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:32 AM

All replies

• Please post in the SQLServer forum for questions about how to use SSRS. SSRS is not a scripting language or system.

A simple search would find the answer to your question: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-design/add-a-hyperlink-to-a-url-report-builder-and-ssrs?view=sql-server-ver15

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 12:30 PM
  • I hope you read the question properly before suggesting a simple search. Google search is an obvious first option before reaching out to forums for expert inputs. 

The search link you added is not what I am looking for. Forum replies these days are more hostile than helpful. 

Naga Sai Jonnavithula

• Edited by Naga Sai J Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:46 PM clarity
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:45 PM
  • Not hostile. You will get pushed back if you post in the wrong forum or ask ambiguous and impossible to understand questions.

Ask in the correct forum and you will get an answer although the answer may not satisfy your needs if the technology does not support your needs.

You are now in a better forum to get answers although what you are asking may not be possible with the tool you are using.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:56 PM
  • Hello,

I didn't see a dedicated category for SSRS and hence posting in Scripting Guys Forum.

I am building a SQL SSRS report using report builder. I am all but done except for adding a URL to a row in a table within the report. The rows are returned only when the report runs. I would like to be able to add an expression in the table to go to a URL when a specific row is clicked. I am sure there is a way. I couldn't see any documentation online. Your help is much appreciated !

Naga Sai Jonnavithula

In the text box properties - select the Action for that text box and you can define the URL.  You can hard-code a specific URL or you can use the Fx (Function) to build the URL based on data for that row. 

Jeff Williams

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:13 PM
  • Hi Naga,

Basically there is a solution to add url is in SSRS textbox property. You could see the approach here : Add a Hyperlink to Report Builder and SSRS

I am guessing that you are expecting to pass field value as parameter in the URL? If so, you could refer to this thread, which has same question as you.How to Pass Field Values as Parameters in a URL.(Try that not marked post in this thread, which is more related with your question). It should work for you as I've tested.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:23 AM